Friday, December 15, 2017

The Madison Art Society will present Artist Jeanne O'Brien at the Madison Town Hall January and February 2018


I became fascinated with art at an early age, at 4 or 5 years old.  As I got older I drew pictures of my younger brothers and sisters as they patiently sat still.  My plan was to become an artist but my parents encouraged me to become a nurse.  I went into nursing and retired as a Director of Nursing after 40 years of practice.  It was a very meaningful experience balanced by a reentry into drawing and painting about 15 years ago.
Old Saybrook- Old Lyme Bridge, oil 
 
I love being outside painting en plein air, and over the past summer, painted scenes of the Connecticut river and other locations.  We are blessed to be surrounded by extraordinary beauty.  The winter months are spent painting still life and figures. I encourage everyone to "enrich your life with art".

Contact information: Elena Gerard or Marge Casey mvc39@sbcglobal.net

No comments: